Friday 28 September 2012

Alphabet

Hello again everyone.
Sorry it has taken me so long to write on my blog again but i have been extremely busy with classes.
Even tho i have been busy i have not been to busy to sign.

I printed off pictures of the letters in the NZ sign alphabet and put them on my wall, then whenever i went past i would sign a few letters.
I then increased the amount i was doing until i could do the whole alphabet.
I became so happy with myself and being able to remember the hand movements that i have been showing anybody that has a spare 2 minutes the whole sign alphabet.

I then got to thinking do i know the alphabet only because i know which movements come after each other?

So i started to sign words. It began by looking for words on signs etc and spelling them out and now if somebody says a short sentence that stays in my head i can sign this.
I admit this was difficult at first as i was not used to signing the letters out of order but now it is easyier.
I find i am still a bit slow but am definatly faster than before.

I am going to work on spending up my letters next.
I also think i may learn a few sentances, maybe things such as 'how are you?' and 'My name is'
Any suggestions i am open to hear.

Thanks for reading

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment